We are committed to providing a service – from start-to-finish – that is without parallel. Patients undertaking surgery with us receive the following care and support, all fully inclusive with the cost of surgery….
Prior to Surgery
- Booking accommodation in Chonburi (usually at the Rattanachol Hotel, some 200 meters from the Clinic)
- Meeting at Bangkok Airport by Clinic Staff, and transportation in the Clinic’s luxury air-conditioned coach to the Chon Inter Hotel, Chonburi
- All transportation to and from the hospital
- Clinical assessment, consultation and discussion with Dr Suporn prior to surgery
- Additional psychological and psychiatric examination (if necessary)
- All medical pre-operative tests (blood pressure, BUN, CBC, chest X-Ray, electrocardiograph (ECG), blood (HIV))
- Craniofacial x-ray evaluation for facial feminization surgery
- All surgical and hospital costs
- Pre-surgical night in hospital
After Surgery in Hospital
- 4 (FFS) to 7 (SRS) nights in hospital for post-operative surgery recovery in deluxe private suite with sea-view of the coast
- Nurse sleeping en-suite for first night after surgery
- Exclusive English-speaking nurses working in shifts throughout the day and night
- All meals throughout stay in hospital. There is a wide variety menu, and special dietary needs will be met on request
- All local telephone calls (e.g. to Clinic)
- All medical supplies and prescriptions
- Additional daily visits by Clinic staff while recovering in hospital
- Transportation from hospital to Hotel accommodation
- have predisposing medical conditions including effects of past smoking or
- have moderate overweight (not clinical obesity)
- are over 60 or
- who have unexpected difficulty recovering from surgery
…….may need emergency care in the intensive care unit (ICU) for 24 to 72 hours under the direct care of a personal physician. For this reason, not all patients would awake in their own private suites after surgery. When deemed safe, they would be transferred to their private suites where, when present, their companions would be awaiting them
After Leaving Hospital
- All medicines, medical supplies and prescriptions required up to departure from Thailand. Additionally, for SRS patients we provide an exclusive 3-piece dilation (stent) kit
- Post hospital daily visits in hotel by Clinic nursing assistants
- Follow-up check-ups as required by Dr Suporn in the Clinic
- All transportation (as required) between hotel, Clinic and Hospital
- Medical certificates specifying surgery undertaken
- A limited number of photographs taken during and after surgery provided on CD
- Assistance with obtaining visa extensions as necessary
- Confirmation of return flights
- Transportation to Bangkok Airport on departure
- Full use of the Clinic social facility:
Social and Recreational
Recovery from the surgery is paramount, and we expect patients to stay with us for a prolonged recovery period. We recognize the effect that has on patients staying away from home and their loved-ones. While recovery should not be considered a vacation, we provide the best facilities we reasonably can, to ensure satisfaction throughout your stay. During your stay with us, we provide you with:
- Full and free use of the Clinic facilities. We like you to think of, and to treat the Clinic as your home for the duration of your stay
- Pre-arranged recreational visits to places of local interest and beauty such as temples (wats) in the Clinic coach, accompanied by Clinic staff
- Arrangement for personal recreational and shopping visits elsewhere. Unfortunately, because of the wide variety of such visits, we ask patients to contribute towards the (low) additional costs of doing so.
Dr Suporn aims to provide an outcome that is as natural in every respect, as far as he is capable of doing. To support that aspiration, he offers a Warranty of his work to all clients, as described below
The Warranty is a guarantee that Dr Suporn will carry out any cosmetic improvements requested to be done by the client, subject to the following provisions:
- That no aesthetic revisions will be carried out sooner than one year following the primary operation. No requests to undergo a cosmetic revision operation will be considered before at least 9 months post-operative.
- The Warranty only applies to revision to be carried out by Dr Suporn or a Suporn Team surgeon personally.
- The Warranty is automatically invalidated if any prior surgical alteration has been made by any surgeon other than Dr Suporn, without his express permission.
- No revision procedure will be done that requests any feature that would not normally be considered to be “natural”.
- Revision procedures are done entirely at the request of the client. No enticement or encouragement to undergo such revisions will be made or implied by the Clinic.
- Revision will only be done if it is considered to be surgically and medically safe to do so in Dr Suporn’s opinion. He reserves the absolute right to refuse to undertake any procedure that he believes might cause the client unnecessary peripheral injury, such as nerve damage, or that might expose the client to any risk that Dr Suporn considers to be unsafe.
- The client accepts that revision is offered in good faith, the outcome of which cannot be guaranteed to meet the expectations or aspirations of the client.
- The full nature of any revision operation can only be determined when Dr Suporn is able to examine the client in person. The client has to accept the risk that – when examined in person – what they aspire to have done, might not ultimately be done because the expectation they have set is not surgically realizable, or it is not safe or appropriate to intervene.
- Surgery, in-house care and all immediately associated medications will be provided by the Clinic at no cost to the client.
- The client absorbs the cost of all travel and associated accommodation.
- The Life Time Warranty will expire automatically in the event of Dr Suporn being incapacitated, or suffering from ill health that prevents him from undertaking further surgery.
Free revision is offered only on an as-available basis. Clients can only be scheduled for surgery if free surgery time exists in the diary. Priority will always be given to primary operations.
Effect of Dr Suporn’s Announcement to Retire from Full-Time Surgery
Dr Suporn will undertake primary operations after 31 December 2019 on a limited basis only
Dr Suporn may continue in surgical practice following the Retirement Date, for the sole purpose of undertaking revision operations on an as-requested basis.
- Clients who underwent primary surgery prior to 1 January 2017
Free revision will be available as described above but will expire at the end of 2018. No clients in this category will be accepted for revision to be done on a free basis after 31 December 2018.
- Clients who undergo Surgery during 2017
Free revision will be available as described above, to be done up to and including the end of 2019 only (by 31 December 2019).
- Clients Scheduled for Surgery in 2018 or later
The terms of our “LifeTime Warranty” will be reduced, and clients undergoing surgery in 2018 or later will be offered free revision surgery to be done during the 6 months period starting on the anniversary of their primary operation. No client wil be accepted for free revision later than 18 months after their primary operation was done.
Because of the limited availability of dates for revision, clients in this category will be given priority over patients who had surgery prior to 2018.
With effect from 1 January 2018 free revision may be done by any Suporn Team surgeon. No guarantee is made that the same surgeon who performed the primary operation will also carry out any subsequent free revision.
All clients are considered to be discharged from Dr Suporn’s immediate medical care, when they leave Thailand following their primary operation. After that time, limited support will be provided by written correspondence, as follows:
First Year after Primary Operation
All clients will be given post-operative support in good faith, on request, by email correspondence, for a period up to one year following their primary operation, and for 6 months following any revision procedure. The support is intended to help clients recover from their operation by providing additional detail information, guidance and advice that would not normally be available from any other source, because of the specialist nature of the operation undertaken by Dr Suporn
By its very nature, accurate diagnosis of symptoms based on unqualified descriptions of their symptoms written by a client, even when accompanied by photos where given or requested, is limited. For example, but not limited to the following, Dr Suporn cannot measure pain, nor know where it is, other than by the client’s written description – which might be less than needed to pinpoint source or cause. Equally he can do no more than suspect infection, the diagnosis of which has to be confirmed and treated locally by the client’s own doctor.
Dr Suporn cannot prescribe controlled medication to deal with any reported symptoms or difficulties without being able to examine a client.
Support provided is limited to “advice and guidance” to help clients overcome difficulties they may have experienced, and is not extended to “diagnosis and treatment” of any reported symptoms. We are able only to offer “best advice” based on most likely cause, using the experience gained from other clients’ recoveries.
Treatment of any medical symptoms is ultimately the responsibility of the client’s own doctor, who is better placed to evaluate and test physical and palpable symptoms than is possible by the remote nature of email, and to prescribe treatment where he/she considers it would be beneficial.
Later than one Year after Operation
Clients are considered to be healed from their primary operation by one year after the operation or 6 months after any revision, and should consult with their own doctors or specialists for medical support after that period. We will, however, continue to provide at any time written advice and support of a purely specialist nature which would normally not be within the knowledge-set of one’s own doctor, such as dilation regimens for SRS clients.