Traveling to Thailand for Surgery
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we ask that interested clients study our requirements thoroughly.
In compliance with the regulations of the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH), we and our partnered hospital can only welcome prospective clients from the ‘GREEN ZONE’ countries with permitted document under ‘Foreigners with Medical Appointment’
Update as of February 28, 2021
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Travel from ‘Green Zone’ countries only – The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) requires that international visitors enter Thailand for medical reasons traveled from ‘Green Zone’ countries only. Please note that the list of ‘Green Zone’ countries is updated regularly by MOPH and your eligibility might change overtime. You can check your eligibility here: List of Green Countries (Update as of Feb 16, 2021) or https://healthserv.net/en3776.
- Spend 14 days mandatory self-quarantine at Samitivej Chonburi Hospital (SCH) – Interested patients MUST stay at SCH, our partnered and a government qualified state quarantine hospital, prior to the surgery. The rate for 14 days quarantine is 50,000 THB per person per room including full-board. This also includes 3 Covid-19 tests. Guests are welcome, however, you are unable to share a room whilst in quarantine. You must book additional rooms if you are coming with family members or friends.
- Stay at least 42 days in total – These include 14 full days self-quarantine at SCH and another 28 days or more for operation and recovery.
- Schedule operation between January – October 2021 – You can schedule operations with Dr. Suporn or Dr. Bank. You may check our available surgery dates from our calendar. For now, we have allocated 3 operations per week. We will do our best to set your surgery date the soonest after your 14 days quarantine ended. Please start by checking your tentative arrival date and work with us to schedule your surgery date that most suited your travel plan. For available operations after November 2021, please wait for our next update.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO PREPARE TO ENTER THAILAND
In addition to your visa, there are 4 important documents you need to prepare to enter Thailand:
1. Certificate of Entry (COE): A mandatory official document issued by the Thai Embassy or Consulate to Thai nationals and Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter Thailand. It confirms that you meet the entry requirements as set by the Thai government and you are accepted to enter Thailand.
2. Fit-to-Fly or Fit-to-Travel medical certificate issued 72 hours prior to flight: The doctor must indicate clearly on your certificate that you are “Fit-to-Fly” or “Fit-to-Travel”. You may be denied boarding if your certificate is not clear enough.
3. COVID-free medical certificate issued 72 hours prior to flight: The lab result must indicate that COVID-19 is not detected. The test must be by RT-PCR method, and the method must also be clearly indicated on the form.
4. Health insurance covering Covid-19 with coverage over 100,000 USD: The insurance coverage must include COVID related treatment in Thailand in the amount no less than 100,000 USD and it should cover the entire period of your stay in Thailand.
You are free to select the insurers of your choice but please make sure that the coverage meets the requirement. Or you may browse https://covid19.tgia.org/ for insurers in Thailand that offer plan for foreigners/ inbound travelers traveling to Thailand. You can select your preferred plan based on your country of origin, purposes of traveling and period of coverage.
APPLY FOR CERTIFICATE OF ENTRY (COE)
You need to study the application guideline and apply directly from the online application system: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en. You also can download the registration guideline here.
The types of permitted person in your COE application is ‘Foreigners with Medical Appointment’. We will provide the “Copy of confirmation letter for Alternative Hospital Quarantine (DHSS/AHQ) with stamp of approval from Ministry of Public Health” (document no. 3) for you.
You may need up to 30 days to prepare and process these documents before actual traveling. Please plan your preparation and processing time accordingly.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS YOU NEED TO CONSIDER
In addition to Thailand specific requirements, we ask that you please make sure to study your country specific requirements as it will directly impact your plan beyond what we can assist, particularly:
- Your country regulations on outward international travel – Some countries impose a ban on international traveling for their citizens, others allow, with special conditions and may require extra documents such as proof of why it is essential that you receive medical treatment aboard. Please make sure you study your countries requirements thoroughly.
- Your state/national quarantine and required documents on your return journey – You may need to self-quarantine on your way back home or you may need another Covid-19 test before your departing flight, please make sure to consider your time and expenses involved on your return journey.
Due to a rapid change in situation in Thailand and around the world, please continue to check if your country remains in ‘Green Zone’. We and our partnered hospital reserve the right to postpone your booking if situation unexpectedly and/or negatively changes. Our approach is always to be “Cautious and Safe”, your health and your safety are our number 1 priority!
Ready to Make Appointment
Check our available surgery dates NOW