Traveling to Thailand for Surgery
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we ask that interested clients study travel requirements thoroughly.
As of May 2022, clients coming for Primary SRS and Cosmetic Revision are no longer required to do any quarantine.
Due to safety reasons,it is mandatory for all our clients and their accompanied persons complete the COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with the requirements of each brand. You and your accompanied persons must complete all required dose(s) no less than 14 days before your departure date from your country. The approved brands by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand are as followed:
- CoronaVac (Sinovac Biotech Itd.)
- AstraZeneca or Covishield (AstraZeneca & University of Oxford, SK Bioscience (Korea), Siam BioScience/ Serum Institute of India (SII)
- Pfizer – BioNtech COVID-19 vaccine or Comimaty (Pfizer Inc. & BioNTech)
- Janssen or Janssen/Ad26.COV2.S (Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.)
- Moderna (Moderna Inc.)
- Sinopharm vaccine or COVILO (Sinopharm Co., Ltd.)
- Sputnik V (Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
** If your last dose is more than 6 months at the time of your departure, a booster dose is advised. **
** Clients who have recovered from being infected by COVID-19 are eligible if they have received 1 dose of vaccine within 3 months after being infected (no less than 14 days before departure) by providing a medical certificate or letter confirming their recovery from the infection.
As of May 2022
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO PREPARE TO ENTER THAILAND
In addition to your visa, there are 2 important documents you need to prepare to enter Thailand:
1. ThailandPass QR Code: A mandatory official document issued by the Thai Embassy or Consulate to Thai nationals and Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter Thailand. It confirms that you meet the entry requirements as set by the Thai government and you are accepted to enter Thailand.
2. Health insurance covering Covid-19 with coverage over 10,000 USD: The insurance coverage must include COVID related treatment in Thailand in the amount no less than 10,000 USD and it should cover the entire period of your stay in Thailand.
You are free to select the insurers of your choice but please make sure that the coverage meets the requirement. Or you may browse https://covid19.tgia.org/ for insurers in Thailand that offer plan for foreigners/ inbound travelers traveling to Thailand. You can select your preferred plan based on your country of origin, purposes of traveling and period of coverage.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS YOU NEED TO CONSIDER
In addition to Thailand specific requirements, we ask that you please make sure to study your country specific requirements as it will directly impact your plan beyond what we can assist, particularly:
- Your country regulations on outward international travel – Some countries impose a ban on international traveling for their citizens, others allow, with special conditions and may require extra documents such as proof of why it is essential that you receive medical treatment aboard. Please make sure you study your countries requirements thoroughly.
- Your state/national quarantine and required documents on your return journey – You may need to self-quarantine on your way back home or you may need another Covid-19 test before your departing flight, please make sure to consider your time and expenses involved on your return journey.
Ready to Make Appointment
Check our available surgery dates NOW