Traveling to Thailand for Surgery
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we ask that interested clients study our requirements thoroughly.
Update as of October 22, 2021
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Coming Soon!
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO PREPARE TO ENTER THAILAND
In addition to your visa, there are 3 important documents you need to prepare to enter Thailand:
1. Certificate of Entry (COE): A mandatory official document issued by the Thai Embassy or Consulate to Thai nationals and Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter Thailand. It confirms that you meet the entry requirements as set by the Thai government and you are accepted to enter Thailand.
2. COVID-free medical certificate issued 72 hours prior to flight: The lab result must indicate that COVID-19 is not detected. The test must be by RT-PCR method, and the method must also be clearly indicated on the form.
3. Health insurance covering Covid-19 with coverage over 100,000 USD: The insurance coverage must include COVID related treatment in Thailand in the amount no less than 100,000 USD and it should cover the entire period of your stay in Thailand.
You are free to select the insurers of your choice but please make sure that the coverage meets the requirement. Or you may browse https://covid19.tgia.org/ for insurers in Thailand that offer plan for foreigners/ inbound travelers traveling to Thailand. You can select your preferred plan based on your country of origin, purposes of traveling and period of coverage.
APPLY FOR CERTIFICATE OF ENTRY (COE)
You need to study the application guideline and apply directly from the online application system: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en. You also can download the registration guideline here.
You may need up to 30 days to prepare and process these documents before actual traveling. Please plan your preparation and processing time accordingly.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS YOU NEED TO CONSIDER
In addition to Thailand specific requirements, we ask that you please make sure to study your country specific requirements as it will directly impact your plan beyond what we can assist, particularly:
- Your country regulations on outward international travel – Some countries impose a ban on international traveling for their citizens, others allow, with special conditions and may require extra documents such as proof of why it is essential that you receive medical treatment aboard. Please make sure you study your countries requirements thoroughly.
- Your state/national quarantine and required documents on your return journey – You may need to self-quarantine on your way back home or you may need another Covid-19 test before your departing flight, please make sure to consider your time and expenses involved on your return journey.
Ready to Make Appointment
Check our available surgery dates NOW